Jul 13, 2008

lions and tigers and BEARS!! OH MY!

For those of you curious about J's weekend activities, here goes. He went to a remote cabin somewhere in central Utah with a couple of friends. The trip involved leaving food for bears amid hundreds and hundreds of pine trees and then scurrying up tree stands to watch them come and feast. I recommended he purchase life insurance before the trip, but he didn't take me seriously. Apparently, life-threatening behavior only has to stop once offspring are involved. I also pointed out the obvious, bears can climb trees. He wasn't worried about this minor detail as the three of them apparently had an arsenal that could fight off more than a hungry bear. Unfortunately for him, no bears showed up for dinner and he came home sans sighting. What will be next?

2 comments:

k. said...

I knew people in Spokane (no surprise) who did this, except they smeared themselves with animal urine so that they would "blend" in. Seriously. I hope J didn't have to do this.

Kellie said...

LOL - he didn't mask his scent. I still think he's crazy.