Feb 11, 2008

Soft.



Yesterday I did my first load of my laundry with my awesome new washer and dryer. Pre-delivery, when I was buying laundry necessities I found this Downy fabric softener. It is from the Pure Essentials collection and is scented with Chamomile & Lemon Verbena. J and I had our first experience with Lemon Verbena when we took a road trip in May of 2002 (celebration of my graduation from business school) to the Pacific Northwest (I would like to post a picture from this trip, but it was pre-digital camera and I'm not quite sure where the prints and negatives are right now --- New Year Resolution?). We drove through Idaho and along the Columbia River visiting waterfalls along the way. We made our way up to the northwest corner of Washington and toured the Hoh Rain Forest. After visiting port towns and islands between the US and Canada, we ended in Seattle. For the first half of the trip we stayed at random hotels/motels/former brothels (another story) so in Seattle, we splurged and stayed at the Four Seasons. L'Occitane was provided in the bathroom and the hotel was using L'Occitane Lemon Verbena. It smelled SO good. Long story not so short, I saw this fabric softener on the shelf and had to have it. Thankfully, it lived up to its name and our laundry smelled excellent when we pulled it out of the dryer last night. I am amazed by the way different smells can bring back times, places and memories in our past. Go and get you some!

Hall of Mosses at the Hoh Rain Forest

4 comments:

Mike said...

My favorite herbal tea from my mission was a plant called "cedron." Just last month I figured out it's English name - Lemon Verbana. If you think it SMELLS good, it tastes even better. I just ordered some cedron tea from a latin american website and have been enjoying it for the past few weeks. Very refreshing.

Monica said...

This sounds so good to me. I just put in a load of laundry this morning and I am running out of Downy. So I might just try this! The road trip sounds sooooo fun also. John and I have always wanted to do this...we would even love to live there too! We need to get together soon...let's figure out a time!

Kellie said...

That tea sounds great, Mike. What is the Company's website?

Mon - we really do, when is better for you? Lunch, dinner, weekdays, weekends?

Mike said...

http://www.regionalesmarket.com/en/producto.asp?IDProducto=433

Not exactly a reputable looking site, but it worked. Only cost about six bucks with shippping, paid via paypal (safe), and it arrived in about a week. I can't vouch for the tea brand as being the best - I only had the tea fresh from the bush in Bolivia, so packaged isn't nearly as good. But good still, nonetheless.

I'm going to try this brand next...

http://store.amigofoods.com/tatedece25sa.html