Feb 6, 2008

Clean.

Moving from an extremely urban city to "middle America" means lots of big ticket purchases. One of my favorite was this LG washing machine and dryer. Call me crazy, but I love doing laundry. The smell, the warm clothes coming out of the dryer, all the crisply folded clean clothes in the closet --- it's fabulous! I did a lot of research and finally decided on the WM2487HWMA washing machine and the matching DLEX7177 dryer. Truth be told, when I did my last batch of laundry in NY and came to the realization that I wouldn't be able to do eight loads of laundry at once (only, of course, when nobody else was using the laundry room!) I was a little sad. After sharing this insight with J and getting his two sense, I decided that there are serious advantages to having a really amazing washer and dryer that will only be filled with OUR stuff. No more wondering which apartment put the loads with the dog hair in the machines or being annoyed with the apartment that left bleach in the washing machine and ruined our chocolate brown towels. Only 48 hours until they're delivered, and I can't wait to try them out!


P.S. This was also a good purchase because I did my homework and negotiated the price down!

3 comments:

k. said...

So jealous. These are so beautiful.

I'm looking forward to the day where my towels are not ruined by other people's bleach left on the edges of the washing machine, where I don't have to run outside in the freezing cold to get cash to load up my laundry cold, and where changing my laundry doesn't involve taking an elevator 28 floors down.

Kellie said...

:) One day you'll have your own set too & wouldn't it be wonderful if it was in my neighborhood!

Monica said...

Awesome Kel...I am jealous! I love new stuff like this! I love my Maytag front loaders that I got about 4 years ago, but now there are bigger and better machines like yours...jealous!